Thursday 1 May 2014

Jasoos Kutty's Plan B, if he loses elections

One of my endorsers wonders if I entered the race for PM a little late. As a politician, I am an eternal optimist.

A joke repeated many times by Pramod Mahajan gives me hope. In 1996, after a divided verdict, the United Front decided to form the govt, but they still couldn't decide on the PM. A meeting was called, where leaders nearly came to blows. After a few hours, an angry Lalu Yadav said, "If we can't reach a consensus, let any gadha-ghoda become the PM."

Gowda, who was sleeping till then, jumped up and said, "I accept the offer with all humility."

Once bitten, twice shy, Lalu, I am sure will not let any gadha-ghoda get PM's post this time.

I am also sure he won't let any chaiwalah become the PM.

But he might just 'let any Kutty-patti become the PM'.

Follow me on twitter @jasooskutty

No comments:

Post a Comment